What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our updates, respond to a survey or questionnaire, fill out a form or when you sign up to work with us in a therapy program.
During this process you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or other contact details. We will ask for the minimum information needed to provide the service you request. When you engage in a therapy program through this site, we collect other personal information that is relevant to your program.
You can visit this site anonymously; and you are welcome to use a pseudonym instead of your name.
When you join a therapy program we identify you with your email address. We don’t use (or ask for) your full name, date of birth or other demographic data. We ask for your first name so we can greet you personally.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you is used in any of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience with the website, our resources and therapy programs (your information helps us better respond to your individual needs and priorities)
- To improve the services we offer (your information helps us recognise gaps in the services we offer and to develop programs and services that better meet the needs of our clients)
- To study the outcomes of our programs (your de-identified information helps us analyse how effective our programs have been, and whether there is a broader use for this type of program within the health-care industry)
- To send periodic emails (your email address is used to send you information and updates about the services you order, as well as occasional company news, updates and related product and service information).
NOTE: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please reply with “unsubsubscribe” in the subject line.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- We use of a secure server located in Singapore. Data storage on the server and use by the host company (Siteground) complies with the European Union GDPR legislation. While this legislation only applies to people residing in the EU, we at Workable Living use the legislation to guide how we use all our website visitors’ and clients’ data.
- When you fill out a form on our site, your name (or pseudonym), email address and information submitted in the form are held on the Siteground website. We do not use external automated email services.
- Some client files are stored in a secure cloud storage (Dropbox) that complies with the guidelines for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) which is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information of clients.
- Automated emails that are sent from our website server are not secure – email is not a secure form of information exchange. We try to ensure that any secure information is sent to you via a secure download link. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about how we exchange information with you.
This site is controlled by Workable Living. Your use of this site is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Workable Living makes no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.
Third Party Sites and Website Linkage
Workable Living does not engage in reciprocal website linking with other sites; however other sites are welcome to link to Workable Living.
This site contains links to third party sites. Workable Living is not responsible for the condition or content of those sites as they are not under our control. You access those sites and/or use their products and services solely at your own risk. The links are provided for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, an endorsement by Workable Living of the sites or the products or services provided on the external site.
Security of the Workable Living website
Workable Living applies a range of security controls to protect its website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network; there is always a potential risk that your transmissions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties and that files which you download may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
Workable Living accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to your computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use. You are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever you select from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage your computer system, software or data.
All content on this web site is copyright – all rights reserved. Workable Living does not grant permission for anyone to copy, alter or adapt the content from the website to their own web pages or documents. If you wish to discuss the use of content from this website, please contact Workable Living to obtain prior written consent.
This website does not carry any advertising and does not carry any affiliate links. However if you click on a link to a third party book-selling site and buy a copy of a book written by Colleen Rowe, you should be aware that Colleen will receive a small proportion of the sale price as the author of the book.